Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Midweek

Here it is the middle of the week, and what have I done? Not much.

Got a package off to a friend

Uploaded a song to YouTube, “A Chance to Be a Hero” by Engelbert from a concert recording. It has proved popular, which is most gratifying.



Dashed off a quickie poem. The moderator of my Engelbert discussion list usually includes an original poem in her daily message to all members. Today the title sparked an idea and in response I produced the following:

Don’t Tear Our Love Apart

Can't remember when you kissed me
I Don't know when last we touched.
Though you're sleeping here beside me,
I miss you o so much.

It's like you cannot see me.
Is ambition all to blame,
The drive to make more money?
I thought not. What's her name?

Don't tear our love apart.
You already broke my heart.
So let me keep the memory
of days that used to be.

It's over now. You're leaving,
Your eyes as hard as stone.
And I am left here grieving,
Forsaken and alone.

Don't tear our love apart.
You already broke my heart.
So let me keep the memory
of days that used to be.

Don't tear my heart apart.
You broke it, so we'll part.
But let me keep the memory
Of days when you once loved me.

Actually, I think that last line should be:

Of when you once loved me.

Not great poetry, certainly, but not bad for an off-the-top-of-the-head effort. And even writing bad poetry exercises the brain. The rapidity and ease with which I produced that surprised me.

Still, gotta get my act together for the remainder of the week.

Have Lesson 2 of Punctuation to do. Also, need to redo Lesson 5 of Abacus 2. And I was so pleased with myself on that one. Guess being pleased with a result is a bad sign. Much else to do as well. Got to find the motivation somewhere. I don’t want this year to slip by, as so many years before it have done, with nothing to show. I guess discipline is the word. But, oh, how I hate discipline!

No comments: