Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Beginnings

It’s a new year, which traditionally calls for new beginnings.

Tonight I’ll start a new story. Today I’ll start getting serious about exercise and, after my birthday and the lemon Meringue pie Patty usually brings, a bit of weight loss as well. This year I am going to beat the pernicious habit of using bad language. And I’m also going to get back into the good habit of praying, saying the Rosary every day if nothing else. And I’m going to finish * something * - preferably “World Enough and Time.” Didn’t finish anything at all last year.

Not very ambitious goals perhaps. But then I’ve learned to set the bar low. Here’s hoping I have the perseverance to achieve them, modest as they are!

On a more lighthearted note, I’ve discovered a new series, the Royal Spiness books by Rhys Bowen. They are delightful Mystery/Romance stories set in 1930s London. Always love finding new books! They are definitely Chick Lit, but if you enjoy that sort of thing, I recommend them highly.

No comments: