Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Like A Herd Of Turtles


Got started on the new story. No title yet, not even a working title, just a filename. However, it is started, which is something.

In the interests of research, I used my googling skills, such as they are, to look for Much Lovering, the name of the village – tentatively situated in Devon – where our heroine eventually ends up. Astonishingly, there doesn’t appear to be anyplace with that name in England. Doesn’t it sound like a quintessentially English name? That’s better though. If it’s wholly fictitious, I can set it up just as the storyline requires. So, in a way, that’s a relief.

Will be some time till we get that far. Need to get through our heroine’s unhappy life in W. Mass. I have it all laid out in my mind, but sometimes translating from mind to paper (computer screen) is more challenging than one would think. However, it’s still early enough for me to be optimistic.

Haven’t written yet today. Hope to get an hour or two in before bedtime.

On the other hand, I didn’t remember to say the Rosary yesterday but did today. Hope I have the staying power to stick with it. Not only is praying good for the soul, it’s good for the body too. My mother says saying the Rosary lowers her blood pressure, and I also find it calming.

Also doing well with the exercise. Put in two sessions on the elliptical today. Also am able to sustain longer. I’m hopeful that ten minutes at a time may be within reach.

Not all the news is good. Spent the evening buying MP3 music and CDs. Only two CDs though, and the MP3 music was mostly single songs, only one album. So the final cost wasn’t as bad as it might have been. Still, that’s something else I need to watch.  * sigh *

Well into Royal Flush, the third Georgiana Rannoch book and loving it.

That’s probably enough of my mindless rambling for now.

No comments: