Click a post's title to open the thread and comment. Click the blog's title to return to the main page. While all comments are welcome, remember to keep them polite.

Friday, July 05, 2024

It's been a long, long time!

After some eight years, I'm back. A lot has happened since I was last here:

We’ve lived through the disaster of the Trump presidency, the Covid 19 pandemic and the 2020 election. A week after Biden was officially declared the winner, my mother had a stroke. She lingered until the evening of July 17, 2021. Since she’s been gone Dad, Sis and I have been desolate. One goes on, of course, but everything seems pretty blank. In the immortal words of Paul Simon:

I have my books and my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor

In other words, I read a great deal not, I suppose, that that’s really anything new. Also I’ve been spending a lot of time watching videos concerning Trump, his legal travails and mental health issues cum cognitive decline. That at least has the advantage of keeping my mind off my own troubles.

My first link of the new era for _The Arty Blog_ concerns humans helping their fello creatures:

Over 100 Dolphins Saved from Historic Mass Stranding in Cape Cod

No comments:

Post a Comment